Thursday, February 24, 2011

Final Project: The Home Stretch

After final getting up off the couch (because why would I get sick during the school year like a normal person?), I finished the last of the Google Earth trainings this vacation, and with each one being helpful and informative, I would encourage everyone to take at least the last two.  The first one was interesting if you have never used Google Earth, but it definitely was on the beginner side of useful.  After envisioning what my final project would be, I realized that for a LitTrip to be successful it has to be more of a product and less of a resource.  For example for Holly's kids to have created that very interactive and informative LitTrip on the picture book was great!  They were connected too it, found the information and pictures and had fun with it!  It was not used in conjunction with the book, but rather created as a by-product of reading the book.  As a result I will be doing a HistoryTrip, focusing on the Civil Rights period of our country.  When finished I feel that this is a tool that can be used as a resource in the classroom along side handouts, discussions, and group projects.  A true HistoryTrip (in my vision and understanding of it anyways...) is going in incorporate images, tagged links, and resources throughout the web to allow for a faster finding of resources concerning a particular event, almost a mini encyclopedia entry based on the Civil Rights timeline.  A rather ambitious idea, but useful if it is successful.  We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment